Parents who will be watching our son during c-section not social distancing

Katie

I really need some advice. My parents have planned to watch our 19 month old son while my husband and I are in the hospital delivering. It has to be a c-section, so we’ll be staying 3 days in the hospital unfortunately.

At first, my parents were very cautious with quarantining and social distancing measures, but lately they have really relaxed and even gathered with a bunch of neighbors for a church service in someone else’s home. My dad works at Costco, and I just found out he is against wearing a mask because it “takes away his freedom”, and hasn’t been wearing gloves while handling returns. We’ve been seeing them up until this point because I thought they were having minimal exposure and were going to have to watch my son anyway, so I didn’t see the point in keeping away.

Now I have no idea what to do. We have no other family in the state to watch our son. Our choices are to allow my parents to watch our son as planned and take the risk, have my husband stay home to watch our son 🥺 or ask his dad to drive over from Arizona to watch him. Our c-section is scheduled for May 7th, so we don’t have much time left.

Sorry the post is so long, but I’m desperate for advice. I feel like I’m too close to the situation to see clearly, plus I’m all muddled up with hormones.