I CANT sleep

So I had my baby boy on Jan 21st. He’s my fourth child (fourth csection) my last baby I’ll ever have. (I didn’t get tubal but was advised against having more) My husband is going to get a vasectomy after this virus goes away and they allow surgeries again.

But... I can’t sleep. Before it was because my little man stayed up, so I took a power nap in the day. Then he fixed his sleep schedule at two months old. Now I stay up all night just to watch him sleep. Because I’m scared something will happen if I close my eyes. I’m scared, that if I close my eyes he will stop breathing, or he will spit up

In his sleep and choke. My husband knows I do this, he lost his job because of the virus and is home with me. Which is both bad but, good cause I get a nap in the day.

I told my mom how I don’t sleep and I broke down crying when I told her why. Her response was “what is you staying up watching him gonna do? If something happens what is that gonna do? “ Maybe she was trying to put it in perspective for me, but it had the opposite effect. I’m now more scared to sleep.

I know that it’s not normal, I know there isn’t anything I can do. But I just want someone to understand. Has anyone else gone through this?