Creative Writing Teacher

Are there any creative writing teachers on this app? Advice needed please.

Let me start by saying I went to college last year and only took 3 classes. The first semester I took a creative writing class, then the second semester I took two different English classes. The reason I only took 3 classes is because I wanted to slowly work my way into it. I didn't take any classes this year because I moved out of state... Lately I've been thinking about possibly becoming a creative writing teacher for middle or high schoolers. I've just been thinking about it a little and haven't even come close to making a decision though. I absolutely loved my Creative writing class in high school and in college. I have actually written a few books and plan to have them published someday. I would like my career to do something with writing whether it be an book editor, creative writing teacher, or something else. I just have two main questions regarding that though to start with, so if there are any teachers on here please help!

1. Would I be able to make up my own assignments for my students or would they be given to me from higher staff or something and I would have to follow those assignments? For example when history teachers say they have to teach you about the civil war instead of wanting to teach about the European war. (I just made that scenario up for an example).

2. When I'm in college would I have to take science, math, and history classes as well? Or could I only take English classes and classes close to my major.