A college career focus change

Natalya🌻💛 • Embody Yourself With Positivity🌸

So I graduated high school last year and I was gonna go to a college 30 minutes away from me in the next town and I was going to go for Culinary since I took it high school and completed it. But I decided not to go right after high school because I didn’t have my own car and my transportation that I relied on was my parents and they wouldn’t have been able to pick me up from class and I wanted to save money so I wouldn’t be in debt.

So a couple months after that i started thinking that I didn’t want to go to college at all because I didn’t want to go for something that I wouldn’t actually have a job in or want a career in. I really took Culinary in high school because it seemed interesting and there was nothing else my school had to offer that I would like.

But recently I began thinking more on what I want and I’ve always been fascinated by the study of sleep and dreams. When I took AP Psychology that was the only topic that really caught my attention so I think I would love to go to college to become a Sleep Science Technologist. My boyfriend believes in me and thinks that I can really put in the work to achieve that. So I want to do my research on that career and find out the right steps in that.

But I’m scared it might be too late to move in on a career like that. Science was never that hard to me I did pretty good in that subject. Is it possible for me to switch my career focus to something that’s completely different from my original career focus or is it too late?