can anyone share their induction stories?

Tori

background (please read if you’ve been induced!): 39 weeks exactly today and just got back from the most stressful doctors appointment of my life. long story short, doctor couldn’t find baby’s heartbeat on the Doppler so she sent me to ultrasound and we found the heartbeat, baby is fine, but he’s scooted WAY up into my ribs and his head is still down but he’s just wayyyyy up high.

so my doctor started talking about well if he doesn’t drop you’re at a much higher risk of a c section and I’m also not progressing AT ALL, not dilated not effaced not even soft cervix. so she just starts telling me how we could try induction but the chances of ending in a c section anyways are pretty high. and she would hate to see me go through a long labor just to end in surgery anyways.

so I had 55 freaking minutes on the NST to think about all of this and we decided I would come back Friday and have another NST and then schedule an induction because she doesn’t see me making progress on my own. so, any other mommas in this situation before? where you needed cervadil, the balloon/foley balloon thing, then pitocin/breaking waters, the whole 9? and still ended in successful vagina birth? I know c section isn’t the end of the world but I would like to at least try vaginal birth I’m just feeling pretty discouraged right now 😭