Working on myself..

Barbie

I have always struggled with being in a room alone.. I get lonely and so emotional I start thinking thoughts that are untrue. I am getting better as I have been reminding myself I deserve better in life (as a relationship). I am a good person who has taken control of my mental health and got help. I also stopped drinking alcohol 2 years ago.

I recently just got out of an abusive relationship and everytime I looked in the mirror I was reminded of the abuse that was going on because of the bruises on my body.. After my first abusive relationship I saw a counselor during the relationship and after a bit but it was about my feelings and how to overcome such a toxic relationship.. With my now second abusive relationship I am seeing that I have never dug deep into why I accept this abusive behavior.. So I decided to choose a different route and call Rape and Abuse Crisis Center to understand more of why I accept these types of men and have zero boundaries for myself..

I had my first counseling meeting last week and I felt hopeful for the future. I know it will be a long journey but I want to be able to be okay with being in a room alone without feeling like I NEED to be around people or even mostly a man...

I get so lonely that I accept abusive men because I justify it in my head as 'well at least you aren't alone..' I am just ready to find my future forever man but in the meantime I will learn to set boundaries and not accept poor behavior as it will be destructive in the long run..

If any of you are going through something like this or have gone through something similar please comment and tell me your stories 🙏💚