Weird fear.

This is going to sound crazy but I wanna admit something.

I have a weird fear of my closet, I don’t know why but I have crippling anxiety just thinking about the word ‘closet’

I haven’t touched my closet in years, the only thing that’s in there is bags of old clothes that I don’t wear. There’s 8 bags of them and I do need to sort them out and donate them but I have this crippling fear of opening the closet door. I don’t know why!

I’ve always had this fear since a child. Maybe it’s from trauma as a child ? The only trauma I had was my parents fighting, my dad was physically abusive to my mom and brothers. He was mentally abusive to me. He would come into my room and throw my stuff in the floor and break them than make me clean it up while screaming at me.

He would call me a whore when I dated and wanted my boyfriend to stay the night.

I can’t have my family in my room either or else it’ll give me crippling anxiety. My dad has changed but I’m afraid it has left marks on my mental health.

But my goal for this year is to get over this weird fear and clean out my closet so I can use it but I’ve been saying that for the past few years.