Would you breastfeed in someone else’s home if they weren’t comfortable with it?

🌹C

So I am completely for publicly breastfeeding without feeling pressured to cover up or anything before I start.

I have a longtime childhood friend who lived a few doors down from my family, so both families are well acquainted. I no longer live there but my parents do.

When her son was born, she went to visit my parents to let them meet baby. She breastfeeds, and is very confident and not at all shy about feeding in front of others. Which is great!

My dad has never been around breastfeeding women, and I suppose he is uncomfortable with it. He’s not sexist or anything, just something he’s not used to seeing.

Anyway she started feeding in front of my dad, and he felt uncomfortable to the point he left the room in his own home.

What’s your opinion on this? Is it acceptable to feed baby no matter where you are, eg someone’s home, regardless of their feelings? Or should you show some courtesy to their discomfort?

Personally I’m very shy so wouldn’t feed in front of anyone except baby daddy and my own mother, but that’s just my preference. Fully support women who feed wherever they are.

Vote below to see results!