Help! House buying.

Sa

You guys give the best advice, so I am calling upon you!

We are pregnant with #2 and have decided we need more space. Our current house is only like 1600 square ft. We found a beautiful home. It’s giant (3800 square ft). It needs some aesthetic updates (it has some pretty funky 80s bathroom tile and such). Haha. We love everything about it for the most part. It has so many incredibly unique features, a beautiful kitchen, and the most wonderful master suite.

I do have a couple concerns. There are 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths. The main level has the master suite, bedroom #2, and a half bath. Bedrooms 3 and 4 are upstairs and downstairs. My March baby would be going to the room on the second level. I feel weird about this, as she would be up a flight of stairs from me. However, in our current home, we were renovating the downstairs into a master suite, so she would have been on another floor here too. Additionally, the other child will only have a half bath? So I will need to bathe the kiddos upstairs or in the master suite. I know that’s dumb to worry about though.

Also, the stairs that lead to the second level (where our daughter’s room will be), has a dangerous looking railing. I was considering some kind of mesh to baby proof it, but am not sure how sturdy they make that. Our home is currently very baby proofed and our daughter can roam as she pleases, which I love.

Finally, the back yard is small. We don’t hate having a small yard, but I wonder if it is too small?

I am going to add some photos to help explain things better hopefully. If anyone has advice or experience with these issues, please share! ❤️