(Please read before voting) How should I quit my job due to high risk pregnancy?

Kendra • "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

So, I'm exactly 6 weeks today with a high risk pregnancy. I found out like, a day after my job had hired me on. I didn't consider it a big deal even though, I knew that I'd be high risk and, thought that I could work to term easily. This turned out to not be the case.

I work in a popular pizza chain (for about 2 1/2-3 weeks now) and I originally asked for part time. I didn't want to risk anything and I switch between working inside and as a driver. Being a driver is considerably easier on me but, my body still gives me major warning signals after a 4 hour shift as a driver.

Two day ago I worked 4 hours over when my shift was supposed to end without a break as a driver and then, the day after, I worked a 10 hour shift as an insider without a break (they don't give us breaks there). About, halfway through the shift, I was experiencing some very major cramping, nausea and, lightheadedness. It got so unbearable that I broke down in tears. I was finally sent home after another coworker said something to my manager.

I woke up yesterday and the cramps were still there everytime I tried to get up and walk around. I called the nurse (yesterday) and she told me to rest and make sure that I drink plenty of fluids. She told me to lay down and not do much until the pains stopped. I called in and told them that I was pregnant and explained the situation. They seemed understanding and gave me the day off. I slept for a full 16 hours off and on yesterday. Today, I'm still feeling the pains when I am up and moving around but, they aren't as bad as yesterday. There hasn't been any bleeding (thank God). My body was absolutely done. I felt as if I couldn't move another muscle without cramping, no matter, how much I wanted to. It was, terrifying, to say the least.

I've had multiple losses and my last pregnancy was an ectopic so, I'm terrified this time around. My levels are way above normal range though and my symptoms came very early so, I feel like this pregnancy could really make it if, I gave it the proper chance.

I make $7.75/hr as an insider and $4/hr plus tips as a driver. So, this income doesn't even contribute to my household. I don't have any benefits and there is no maternity leave policy or protections for pregnant women at this company.

For me, the risks far outweigh the benefits and, I just, do not feel comfortable with working on my feet again during this pregnancy. I feel like it's in my and, my baby's best interest to quit this job. I'm feeling very conflicted as, I feel absolutely lazy for doing this even though my husband keeps reminding me that this is a perfectly valid and non-lazy reason to quit. I just feel like I'm failing my coworkers. I love working and I hate that I gave up this easily. I also hate that I'm quiting after such a short time of working there. I feel like a failure altogether. I really want to stick it through but, I'm terrified to even work another shift. I'm scared about going in tonight and working because I'm nervous about what it means for my baby if I do. The warning signs to slow down are still there and everything in me is telling me to listen to them.

With these events and feelings in mind, I have a few options on how I want to do this. I can:

A) Work this shift that, I'm scheduled for and, hope that, it isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back then, I can quit after the shift is done.

B) I can call, as soon as, the store opens and, quit which, will give them ample time to find my replacement for this shift.

C) I can show up and quit, as soon as, the store opens, in person.

What would everyone here choose? I'm, technically, supposed to still be in bed laying down until, the pains completely pass (which they haven't) but, I feel very unprofessional doing it over the phone with such short notice. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Please, remain kind. I'm a very scared mama and don't need alot of criticism right now. I'd love support and any suggestions that you might have on how to handle this situation. Thank you in advance.

Congrats on all of your pregnancies! I'm praying for a happy and healthy 9 months for us all!😊🌈🌻💕

Vote below to see results!