Is it a legal system or justice system?

👻

Multiple trigger warnings.

I’m constantly seeing CHILDREN who are forced to have sex for money and live in slavery then murder their abducters to get free and they are looked at as serial killers. I don’t fucking understand it. I don’t believe in murder nor the death penalty, but if I wanna look at it from the view of a local sheriff, their deaths was a favor to the community. Less victims, less money wasted finding, charging, then housing them. WHY are these children being punished.

Then I came across this case, where a mother was being abused and she didn’t realize the children was a victim too. She was SO CLOSE to being free from her abuser. She worked and saved money as everyone’s blase advice is when one is being abused and can’t get out. She wasn’t there. She didn’t know. She was WORKING.

The child ended up in a body cast. The man served 2 years. The woman who “enabled child abuse” is serving 30.

Its being featured on 60 minutes.

Should a VICTIM receive 30 years while the person that nearly killed children serve 2 because she wasn’t aware her children were being abused while she was at work?

Is America far too gone to be reformed?

What changes can us as citizens make?

How did we even fucking get here to begin with?