A New Me?

A while ago, my ex-boyfriend had called it quits on the relationship. His reasoning was simply because he "could not handle" a relationship with me and thought I was too dependent on him.

It broke my heart. I understood and respected his choice. Though, like most heart breaks I lost my sense of pride and practically begged for him back even when he never gave me the time of day. Till one day I stopped myself. I could not keep loving someone who couldn't feel the same. I needed to start fresh and figure out who I was before I met him and re-love my own self. From this journey, I had a goal to create the best version of myself. I studied hard in school, buried myself in books, landed an interview and now entering medical school. Saved up some money, learnt how to manage and take on responsibilty of my spending habits and bought myself a new BMW car. I expanded my social horizons, met some crazy yet long-lasting forever friendships. Reconnected with family members from around the world and planned so many travels. I even amazed myself of how adventurous I really was. I experienced new cultures and gained so much knowledge. And hey? I even met someone special along the way. We even started to see each other a for couple of months and the exciting dates just keep on coming.

I did this all for myself and I am proud. A person once thought I was too dependent? I am capable of loving myself and fortunate for a strong support system around me. A person once thought I was too much too handle. Damn rights because I am amazing.

I don't need to prove anyone wrong, I was already amazing to begin with and somehow I lost that confidence but was able to get it back and be stronger than ever.