Anyone’s toddler not have good eye contact?

I’m worried my 20 month old doesn’t have great eye contact. Sometimes he looks at us a lot (like in his high chair) but other times he hardly looks at us at all. If I take him to the park he’ll maybe look at me once in a half hour period. He often sits staring off into space on the swing. I see other kids at least glance around to check their parents are watching them or smiling at their parents when they are enjoying something.

He also asks for things but without actually looking at us if that makes sense. So he’ll ask for a book but be looking at the book the whole time rather than glancing between the book and us which other kids seem to do.

He points, follows our point, watches other kids, imitates us, his language skills are good with over 150 words and putting words together, he likes cuddles, he has imaginative play, his motor skills are ok, he sleeps and eats well.

He can wave bye bye but often chooses not to. He maybe waves bye bye around 30% of the time. He responds to his name maybe 70-80% of the time.

We have a paediatrician appointment but there is a long wait for face to face appointments in my area so in the meantime I’m spending a lot of time worrying!

I just want to know if anyone else has been in this situation and what happened?

Are there some kids that just don’t have great eye contact?