#defundthepolice is confusing and poor phrasing

Saw this on Facebook this morning. Thoughts? I found the #defundthepolice to be confusing. I keep seeing posts saying people claiming they want to get rid of the police purposefully misleading and manipulating but I don't think *most are. I think it's just poor phrasing and people don't understand. What do you guys think??

**Editing to add the other photo I was referencing and where I'm getting my understanding of what #defundingthepolice is to means.

Edit 2nd and final : I guess it's confusing partly because there are 2 groups using it with different meanings. I've only seen people explain it as I posted above so I didn't realize there were people who actually wanted zero police. We definitely need 2 hashtags going then so it's more clear!

Completely defunding the police is ridiculous though. Lower their funding and work to fix the issues as the photos I added are talking about. I support black lives matter. We need to work to fix police brutality and all types of racism but our society also needs some form of police.

Thanks for responding!