He dumped me and asked if we could get back together an hour later

Clara • Clara 🤍

My marine bf (22) just broke up with me. We’ve been in a long distance relationship for a year. I live in Canada, he’s in Hawaii.

He told me he wanted to break up “for some time to figure stuff out and settle back home” and get back together with me in the future. I said no, if we break up, we break up for good, no chance for the future. If he wants space in the relationship then that’s another thing.

Honestly, he’s been hanging out with one of his buddies and this girl that recently became single. He sleeps over at her house (one of his ex’s also lives there) at least once a week. I’m so done him taking advantage of the fact I’m not there and acting like a boy rather than a man I can build a future with.

I have been the fricken rock and most understanding person in this relationship and I’m actually so proud of myself but whatever, he can live his life with her.

Also took this pic to boost my confidence today. That’s what he’s missing out on.

EDIT: wow, thanks everyone for the overwhelming positive support, I was not expecting that!! ❤️