VBAC after twins?

Courtney

Hello! My twins are 10 weeks old (so not looking to have children super soon but also not actively preventing, may the Lord bless us) but I was curious if anyone had VBAC after twins and would like to share success stories? I probably could have tried having my twins naturally but the doctor strongly advised against it and I feel I was put between a rock and a hard place (my water broke and I had to make a decision as my labor was progressing quickly). Now I find myself regretting not trying to have them naturally and I am afraid I won’t ever have that chance. My c-section recovery was not enjoyable and I would prefer to never feel that way again.

To make it even messier, our OB told us that we are three times as likely to have multiples in our next pregnancies, too. (Also we are both fraternal twins so really it is very ironic.) I know if I do get pregnant with twins (or more) again, my doctor probably won’t even give me the option of a natural birth no matter how long it’s been since my cesarean. I’m just feeling all kinds of emotions today about this.