Quitting BF at 8 months

Kyla

My LO has been combo fed from the beginning, eating about 50-50 BM and formula. At around 6 months he got very impatient with nursing, only nursing for a minute or so per side and then refusing to continue. Eventually it became only nursing at night, then we sleep trained and stopped MOTN feedings, so it was just one bedtime nursing session. Now it seems like he's done with that too. It's a little sad, but I'm okay with it. I drove myself insane for months trying to get my supply up and dealing with all sorts of guilt, and I've finally let go of almost all of that.

Tonight when I told my husband that it seemed like my LO and I were both done with the BF journey, he gave me a hard time. Told me I was depriving him of the health benefits and that if he doesn't want to nurse I should go back to pumping. I have zero interest in ever hooking myself up to that thing again.

So I guess I'm just looking for a little support since I clearly can't get any at home - I'm not a bad mom, right? It's okay to stop now? My son will be fine?