Marriage.

I’ve always dreamed about getting married, my SO and I have been together for 3 1/2 years and anytime marriage gets brought up he just kind of shuts down the conversation. Or when his family says “ when are you going to put a ring on that” or “she needs a ring” or “get her a promise ring” he just always says “no she doesn’t need that, I bought her a house” marriage is a life goal I would one day like to accomplish and I feel like we’re not on the same page with that subject. He likes to use the excuse of divorce. He is afraid that if we got married I would divorce him and take everything of his. For starters, I’m not that person, I don’t care for anyone’s materialistic stuff. I have a job, I pay my bills and some of the house bills that my name isn’t even on, but let’s not even go there and, I work hard for my own stuff. He told me he has witnessed so many divorces within his family and he just does not want to go through that. I get it but just because someone’s marriage didn’t workout doesn’t mean ours won’t. Ughh!! Why are guys so hardheaded. I love him to death but I am dating him to marry him. I told him if he didn’t have the same goal as me to just let me know, he told me he did but I feel he only says that to me to shut me up.

Sorry y’all I just needed to vent!!

Update 7/11/20:

Hey y’all so I know most of you are saying just sign a prenup. I should’ve mentioned that in my first post. I have mentioned that to him and still, he says that prenups most of the time won’t stand in court anyways. Not sure how true that is but I’m willing to do whatever it takes.