Social anxiety

How do you overcome it? When someone sends me a message asking to get our kids together or asking if I want to get together with them and it’s someone I haven’t known long or someone I haven’t seen in ages I get anxiety and avoid answering their message for quite a while until I can come up with a response. I hate that feeling, I wish I was social and eager to hang with others, I mean I love socializing but it’s that initial anxiety that I struggle with. I never used to be this way either, it kinda just started a few years ago. Today I’m struggling because my husbands cousin sent me a message wondering if I wanted to hang out since our children are the same age. I let her know that we were busy today since we actually are but that we could get together sometime soon. I just can’t pin point where this anxiety is coming from or how I can over come it. Like is it because my house is a mess so we can’t really have anyone over, or is it because I don’t have a vehicle so I have to rely on others for a ride if we go anywhere or do I actually have an issue with anxiety 🤷‍♀️.

Does anyone know of anything that can be taken to help with this or any good tips and tricks?