Health Problems

So for the past few months, and less frequently before that, I have been struggling with a number of different symptoms. Since it has been ongoing for so long, it is wearing me down. I recently went to a doctor looking for some answers, though I was dismissed from the moment I began talking. He told me they would do some labs and because of my history of depression and anxiety, that is what is most likely causing my symptoms. However, I know that there is something wrong with my body. I am happier than I’ve been in almost 2 years. He said my tests were normal and gave me an antidepressant that I refuse to take. Its becoming harder and harder. I want to go look for a second opinion but due to some financial and personal reasons, I’m not able to at the moment. The reason I’m sharing on here is because I’m starting to feel like a crazy person and maybe I’m just being overdramatic. I wanted to see if anyone had an idea as to what is causing my symptoms or if anyone has had a similar experience.

I’m exhausted all the time. And not like a normal exhaustion. As in, I sleep 10ish hours a night and still sleep through all my alarms. Though there are other times I have a harder time falling asleep because I can’t get my body to relax, I feel like my entire body is tense. I’ve tried stretching and a number of things that don’t help. As a result, in the mornings I cannot pull myself out of bed and little tasks seem to take all my energy out of me. I gave up caffeine but I’ve started it again because I wanted to try and get some energy. Just today I woke up at 10:15 and drank a nitro cold brew coffee, had a tea, and a 200mg caffeine energy drink and I’m currently about to go to bed at 10 o’clock. In the mornings when can finally get up, my entire body hurts. I’m sore, even if I haven’t done anything. My joints often ache too. Because of all this, I’ve stopped being able to work out. I was working out 4-5 times a week for about a month and my eating habits were much healthier and yet I seemed to have lost no weight and it made no difference in my health. In addition to all that, my cycle has changed, I went from being regular to irregular. In March, I had a period and then one week went by and I had another. Most of the time my periods last 8-9 days. I feel extremely emotional all the time (possibly due to my exhaustion). I also seem to have dizzy spells and suffer from IBS symptoms. I struggle with constipation regularly and if it’s not that, then I have an upset stomach. My doctor also told me that I have IBS that’s related to my anxiety and depression.) other times I have dizzy spells. I get nauseated or dizzy for no reason.

I intend to get a second opinion, and will as soon as I can, but I would love to hear any suggestions/ stories from others to help me figure out what’s wrong with my body in the mean time. I also may try a gluten free diet because Ives heard that could possibly help with my IBS symptoms?

I am about to turn 20 years old on Saturday and I feel like I’m too young to be struggling with my health this much. I am working and babysitting, as well as I intend to start back at school next spring. I have a lot of positives going on in my life right now but at this pace, I’m starting to struggle to keep up. Any guidance or advice is appreciated. Thank you ❤️