Sort of TMI but please help!

Ana

So I gave birth to my son 5 month ago. I had 3rd degree tearing and external and internal stitches. I was on colace, miralax, and Metamucil for a few weeks after giving birth. I had post partum appts at 1 week and 5 weeks pp. At my five week one, my OB asked me if I had been leaking stool at all. I had and I told him that and he asked if it was when my stool was hard or soft and I said soft because that’s all I had been having since I was on so many stool softeners. We chalked it up to that and he told me to make my annual appt in November or December because of the coronavirus.

Well, I’m still leaking stool. I always make sure to wipe well after I go but when I go pee later and wipe, there’s always stool. I thought eventually it would just stop but it’s not. It will get on my underwear and I think it’s been getting on my vulva and I’ve been having issue with irritation down there that I’m starting to think is because of the stool leaking thing.

I’m just wondering if anyone else had this issue and had any advice? I’m thinking maybe I didn’t heal right down there or something? I’ve put off making an appt with my OB about it because of the virus. I don’t want to have to go unless I super have to. I just thought I would wait for my annual appt but it’s starting to bother me.