Headache and high BP 😭

Heather

I'm a FTM, about halfway through week 36m I have GD and I'm being monitored for borderline high BP. My blood sugar has been lower this week so I tried a cheat meal tonight and had a small blood sugar spike followed by a decent drop just one hour later. All night I've had a headache but try to avoid OTC stuff if at all possible. I checked my BP and got 3 high readings, each 15 minutes apart - 142/99, 140/93, and 143/94. This is after taking my nighttime labetalol (BP medicine) and just laying around for about 4 hours. Not sure if it's related to my bad dinner decision or what.

I called the after hours service at my doctor's office. My doctor just called back (I obviously woke her up and now I feel stupid 🤦‍♀️) and said to take Tylenol and NOT check my BP again for a couple hours. She said if the headache doesn't go away, and if my BP is staying in that range, call back in the morning. If my BP gets to 160/110, or if I start having vision changes, go straight to the hospital. I don't have any swelling or vision changes. Just a bad headache. I just took a couple max strength Tylenols... fingers crossed this headache goes away and my BP comes down.

The baby has been moving like normal all day. How in the world am I supposed to lay down now?!? I'm wide awake and my anxiety is through the roof.