Possible trigger warning

paige

Please no mom shaming please.

Two days ago I set my son down for a second on my bed and he rolled off onto our hardwood floor. It happened so fast. He fell hard. I took him to the ER where they assured me everything was fine but I asked them to please do a scan so I could be sure. They found a small bleed in his brain where his head hit. They monitored him for two nights and I have barely slept. He is ok and we were discharged this morning but I can’t forgive myself. My anxiety is horrible. I am exhausted but can’t sleep. The moment keeps replaying in my head and every time I close my eyes it’s all I see. I feel like a horrible mother. I am so worried. I hated being in the hospital but at least I knew he was ok with the doctors and nurses constantly checking. Now that I’m home I am so worried that something is wrong with him. He is completely fine and has had no changes in his behavior but I literally feel like I can’t breathe. Because of his injury I did have to speak to a CPS worker. She said she has no worries but I am so afraid they will come and take my son away. I am posting this here because I don’t know where else to go. I feel so shameful. I am just scared.