Pregnancy after miscarriage

Melissa

Earlier last month, I found out I was pregnant and my bf and I were completely OVER THE MOON. I called my OB right away and made a doctors appt, and we even told our dads the news for father’s day, and our whole families were so thrilled. A few days later, I started bleeding ... which also happened to be my 33rd birthday, and I spent it at the doctors office, where they confirmed what I already knew to be true. My grandpa had just died from Covid in May, and I prayed to him for this baby. I never do stuff like that, so I couldn’t believe it when it actually worked.

I know miscarriage is common, especially in the beginning, but I just felt really deflated. And it also seemed extra cruel to lose a baby on your birthday. The miscarriage was...I hate to say it like this; but, easy. I felt little to no discomfort. It just looked like an extra heavy period, and in 6-7 days, my body was back to normal.

Anyway; fast forward to today, and 5 pregnancy tests later, and I’m pregnant AGAIN. Never even had another period. I took a test everyday since Sunday cause I’m a psycho and literally can’t believe we are getting this chance again so soon.

I’m terrified to make a doctors appt, because the idea of never making it to that first prenatal appointment again freaks me out. We haven’t told our families and I panic every time I go to pee and look at the TP.

I don’t really know what advice I’m asking for but maybe just some words to help me to relax. I’m a bit of an overthinker and I know it’s common to just want everything to go smoothly.