Induction day is here!

J.P.

Update:

I called an hour before my arrival time and was told that there was room and to come in. I arrived at 12:30 and got checked in right away. But after an hour in the L&D waiting room, the charge nurse came out and said that my room was just being cleaned and it would be another hour and a half before it was available. We got a voucher for the cafeteria and went down there to kill a little time. Came back up about 30 mins before the room should be ready and waited another hour. Charge nurse came back out and said the room was being cleaned and they'd take us back momentarily. Another hour later a resident comes out and says that all the rooms are full and they don't know when one will be available

Logically I get that this is the nature of L&D. They have to accommodate the urgent folks that come in actually in labor. But I just want to cry. I've been waiting for 4 hours and there's no saying how much longer it'll be before we can even get started on the induction. 😢😢😢

Original post:

As much as I was hoping to get labor started without an induction, today is the day. Hopefully they have a bed available because I know if I have to get pushed back my excitement will turn into nerves.