11 week sleep regression?!?!

💩💩

Can you really call it a regression though if they weren’t sleeping great to begin with??

My son is 11 weeks tomorrow and for the past week or so he’s been waking every 1-2 hours. Even when we feed in the middle of the night he will still wake 2 hours later. However he did have a night a couple nights ago where he slept for 6 hours straight, and then was up every 1-2 hours after that.

Example- last night we put him to sleep at 730-745 (he was falling asleep during feeding and literally couldn’t keep him up), then he woke up at 10 when my husband and I went to bed. We got him back to sleep which took about an hour and he woke up at 12. Got him back to sleep and he woke up at 1. Back to sleep and woke at 2. Fed him and he woke up at 430. Slept til about 630 and woke again. Got him back to sleep and he woke at 715.

He’s never been a great sleeper, but I read about all these families who’s babies were sleeping fine until the 4 month sleep regression and it just feels like we’ve never had a night where he wasn’t up and down all night.

Maybe this is common? It just makes me wonder how bad it will be at 4 months if he’s already like this.