Early ovulation

Jenny

Hi all,

This is my first post so I'm really sorry in advance, if I get something wrong.

My husband and I have been TTC with no luck for 18 months, we're both 36 and we were in the process of getting fertility testing done when lockdown happened. We booked appointments but they were cancelled and apparently there won't be any fertility testing for the rest of the year so we will need to be re-referred in 2021.

To keep me sane in the meantime I decided to try an ovulation test kit and got the ClearBlue one that tests for LH and E2. My cycle is a bit irregular so I decided to start testing early. I did my first test this morning (day 4) of my cycle and I was shocked to get a Peak Fertility response (indicated by a solid smiley face). This can't possibly be right surely? I'm still on my period, very light as it's day 4, but still this seems way too early. Could the test be faulty? Could it be right? Does anyone have any experience with this?

My periods are fairly irregular and I essentially started them in my 30s when we began TTC. I'd had a Mirena coil since I was 18 and didn't start till I was 17 so I really don't know what's normal of have much to compare to.

I will re-test tomorrow just in case but I'd be really grateful if anyone has any insight or experience they can share about early ovulation or test kits or anything relevant. My mind is racing with what might be wrong with me.

Much love

xJx