Another preemie?? 😔

Emma

Yesterday I had a 16week scan. When I fell pregnant I knew there was a risk of another preemie baby - I had my last son at 25weeks 5days weighing 1lb 15oz...

I got told its a 20% chance at my first appointment at 12wks.... it was expected.

Yesterday that number increased. I've now been told I have a 15% chance of having my baby before 28wks and a 39-50% chance of having my baby between 28-34wks. Im terrified. I have placenta previa. In my last 2 pregnancies I suffered bleeding without having this... i had PROM (Premature rupture of membranes) at 25+3 with my last child and suffered an extremely difficult traumatic labour. I was in the beginning of septic shock... i had an infection in my waters AND placenta called Chorioamnionitis - I have double the risk of a normal woman of this happening again. I am giving birth in the same hospital as last time... I'm keeping it together in front of my partner (he wasn't with me when I had my last son as different father) but inside I'm scared. I know what the NICU journey is like... he doesn't. I know what having your baby home for 2 weeks and then they stop breathing and needs rushed to hospital is like.. what seeing them at a tiny 2lb 9oz being sent off for heart surgery is like... seeing needles everywhere and a breathing tube in is like.... leaving the hospital every.single.day for 3months and seeing other parents leaving with their newborns while my child is fighting to survive... I remember the heartache of that feeling. And I'm scared... i want to enjoy my pregnancy but everyday I'm worried. I wont relax until I'm at least 28wks! 😔😪 I feel like my body is failing my new baby already.