Who’s right and what to do?

Since 1995 or so I’ve had this friend and we became bff’s quickly. We just hit it off. At the time and through the first 3 years or so, she dated guys. Then I suddenly stopped hearing from her. When I’d call she wasn’t really talking much. She didn’t wanna go to the club or bar which was weird. Later she came and told me she likes girls too and she didn’t know how I’d feel about that. Well I wasn’t shocked. I had always thought she liked boys and girls. She said she’d date me if we weren’t friends and I let her know I’m strictly into men. She said she knew that and ever since then we’ve never discussed it. Anyway our friendship got back on track and it was all good. I met a man got married had kids. She met a woman had a son and life was good. I moved away and we would visit etc. I just want you to see that we’ve only been friends, nothing more and we respect each other.

I divorced my husband and eventually started dating this guy younger than me. My friend called saying she’s going for a visit (pre COVID); I was like YAYYY. Anyway my bf has a freaking fit. He has it in his mind that she wants to have sex with me. He thinks this because I told him when she came out to me, she had said she’d date me. I wasn’t saying this to him as a lone statement. It was a very small part of a bigger conversation about people coming out. Basically similar to how I mentioned it above. At no time did she say that she wanted sex with me.

I’m honestly just so disgusted by him not trusting me. He says he doesn’t trust her since she said she’d date me more than 20 years ago 🙄. My point is that he should be able to trust me. Since we started dating a couple of years ago I’ve never cheated or had the urge to cheat. I’m disappointed because I thought our relationship was better than this. He’s holding one sentence she uttered 20 years against me.