Confused but understand

Spencer

We had a serious talk a couple nights ago and my boyfriend of 5 years admitted that he doesn’t think he ever wants to get married. “It’s just a piece of paper” he states. I got a little emotional because one I’m in shock I mean we talked about buying a house at the end of the year and he still wants to have kids but the whole marriage thing he seems turned off by it, and I kind of understand because he didn’t have a great example growing up, his dad was a druggy who constantly cheated on the mom and they divorced when he was around 12 years old. I brought that up and he said “yeah maybe idk I just think it’s a waste of money”. I don’t know about you girls but to me that’s the one day we dream about, I mean I’m making a commitment in front of family, friends, God and having my daddy walk me down the isle I just can’t imagine not having that day. Even though we are only 22 years old i still feel like I don’t have anything to look forward too. He knows how I feel that I’m ready to take that next step and be proposed too and of course I want him to do it when he’s ready but ever since that conversation I have a feeling maybe it’ll never happen...