I'm back! The unknowns of IVF can really kick you in the butt!

J

I was starting to go a little crazy during that 5 day wait, with only 6 embryos, I hoped and I prayed.

Sunday was the day of reckoning, and I had no idea what to expect. Everything was like a big secret. I hoped for at least one, I kept searching for signs that I had embryos left. There was no call of cancellation, I was taken for BW, and given my gowns, the nurse mentioned embryos (as in more than one!), so that was a happy sound! I was taken aside by a Dr. to go over my embryology report: 2/6 arrested, 2/6 were graded fair and we're small, and may not make it to freeze, but we're going to give another day to grow. One was 4AA and the other was 5AA!

It was recommended that I transfer the best quality embryo, and that's what I did, however now I wonder if I should have given the lesser quality ones to give them a "fair" chance. It sucks that they only freeze high quality embryos, but I also didn't want to risk the "best" embryo not making the thaw. They want to give me the best chance to get pregnant. I just thought I'd share with you all how my journey is going thus far. The rollercoaster ride got stuck on one of those upside down loops there for a minute! 🎢 1dp5dt!

Here's a picture of my beautiful 5AA, I named Alpha-Omega! This is so hard to believe, I crossed my fingers with great hopes that this will work! 🤞🏼✨

Praying for all of you ladies cause this sh!t can hurt.💖