Pregnancy Loss

Lilli

I’ve recently found out that I’ve miscarried and I’m more than upset. My doctor is pretty sure that I had a chemical pregnancy, but is making no steps to ensure that I’m healthy. This is almost as upsetting as the loss itself. I’ve been begging for an ultrasound because it’s been two weeks since I found out about the miscarriage and I haven’t bled at all. From what I’ve been told and read, you’re supposed to bleed no matter what; spotting or like a normal cycle bleed. I’m worried my health is not being taken seriously and from being a nurse myself, I know the possibility of hemorrhaging great. My heart hurts and other than working, I can’t pull myself out of bed most of the time. I’ve picked up as many shifts at work to just keep myself busy. I don’t know what to do. My doctor called today and I asked about seeing a therapist, she questioned why I would even need to see one after I mentioned my depression of the loss of my pregnancy. I’ve wanted nothing more than to be a mother and this is the second pregnancy I’ve lost. I’m young and discouraged so early on.