When do you report someone as missing?

*already called the local ERs and they said he’s not there but he also doesn’t have his ID with him

And what do you do in the meantime??

My boyfriend has bipolar disorder and is unmedicated for it and not receiving therapy at the moment. He also has “intermittent explosive disorder” meaning he snaps at things or explodes irrationally and it is nearly impossible to calm him down or reason with him until the episode subsided.

This morning we were sort of arguing and he started to snap and we were at his house and his mom heard and came down to intervene, after making comments like he should just kill himself, also when i said he was hurting me because he ripped the necklace off my neck he said “i’m not hurting you, you want me to hurt you?”

then he said he wanted to be alone, stormed off even though his mom was trying to restrain him but she’s tiny.

He left in his car without his phone or wallet. at 6:30 am. it’s now 8pm and neither of us have seen or heard from him. he hasn’t been back to his house or to mine.

he has one friend in the area who’s last name and number i don’t have and we can’t get into his phone because we don’t have the passcode.

i am just really scared trying to figure out wtf he could be doing for so long with no phone or wallet and he’s never done anything like this before also he seems to be in some manic depressive state and was talking about feeling depressed the past few days but seemed more angry than sad when he left this morning

i don’t need any comments telling me to break up with him right now my main concern is figuring out where he is and if hes okay and idk what to do

i’m panicking and no one understands

he’s never done anything like this before where he was just gone for so long without a phone or even wallet and no one knows where he is

so it’s been over 12 hours of nothing