Would you let the father choose the name?

So me and my fiancé are expecting our first child next January!

He is so stuck up with the name Balder after a Norse God (which sounds better in Scandinavian than in English so don’t judge). He already calls him Balder and have told our families that his name will be Balder.

The thing is that, even though I like the name, it’s not my personal favorite and it’s hard for me to think of my son as Balder.

I will probably get used to it and love it if I held him in my arms, but right now it feels... strange.

Also in my country, Balder is commonly a dogs name(even though some people are called Balder as well).

I think I’m mostly thinking about the aesthetics of a name, and want something that looks beautiful and rad at the same time.

Should I just go with the name Balder and hope it will feel right when the baby comes? I mean it’s like the only boy name my fiancé truly loves.. or even like! And it seems to mean so much to him!

Or should I say that his name won’t be Balder? 😂

We will probably have more kids, so if we have another son I assume I get to name him!!

Sorry for a long post about this with so much unnecessary details but I’ve been thinking about this for a while!