Think I have a crush on this girl

I think I have a crush on this girl that I just recently started talking to and consider to be a friend now.

She and I have been talking for about two months now and we’ve actually shared a lot in that short amount of time and I feel pretty comfortable around her and I feel like she’s the same way(but don’t know that for sure).

We don’t text every day but when she does text me I get super excited. Like this sense of joy or happiness just rushes over me and I get so excited. And when she doesn’t text back I keep looking at my phone to see if she has(sometimes I do that with others though), she doesn’t think she’s really all that beautiful but I think she’s absolutely gorgeous, whenever I compliment her a lot she kind of gets shy about it and I think that’s super cute, and really look forward to talking to her every time her name pops up or I get a reply back from her.

The thing is, she’s straight so if this develops into something, I can’t do anything about it because I know she’s 100% straight because 1. She told me straight up she’s straight and 2. She was in love with this guy at one point.

I also don’t if it’s a crush or simply I am liking having someone new in my life since I’ve pretty much had the same people around me for several years now.

This is the second time I’ve had what I think to be a crush on a girl tho and unfortunately it has to be with a girl I’ll never have a chance with.

I never know if it’s a crush or maybe just me being clingy or attached quickly especially because I’ve been lonely lately but when I had my very first crush, I don’t think I was lonely.

Ugh! I don’t know.