Domestic violence

Two days ago I got into a big fight with my boyfriend. This is a regular thing with us now. We've been off and on for this whole year. Our fights keep getting worse and worse. Im not sure what to do because I miss him like crazy and feel really depressed and alone. Everything I take him back it seems different like something has changed but we always end up in the same situation.

Anyway two days ago we had a really good day together. It was just perfect. I was drinking and just ended up falling asleep. In the middle of the night I woke up and found him in the living room. I can't remember everything perfectly. But I woke up and started talking to him. He ended up accusing me of cheating and wanted to check my phone. I didnt see the point bc im not so I said no. He got really mad at me. Called me every name in the book. I said mean things back. I really can't remember what happened though only bits and pieces. He ended up slapping me then throwing me hard onto the ground. When I got up I was crying and he kept telling me to stop faking it. After arguing with him I remember being in the hall way and him just banging my head into the wall. It hurt so bad. My head feels bruised. It still hurts today. I also have bruises on my wrist because he grabbed me so hard. No one knows what happened that night and I dont know what to do. I just don't want this to be happening. I keep telling myself its not real and I might be blocking out what happened but idk. Should I see a doctor? Go to the cops? We don't live together but he's so unpredictable I don't know hat to do. He doesn't live with me anymore but his name is still on the lease.

He's kicked in my front door before and has threatened to do it again. I have a three month old baby with him and am scared he's going to get hurt. Then police were called when he kicked my door in months ago but they did nothing. They didn't show up because his name is on the apartment lease😭So its hard to just kick him out if he is there. I feel like I don't know who he is anymore. He's not the person I fell in love with. I only stay because I love who he was and I get glimpses of that person.

Sorry this post is all over the place. This kind of stuff has been going on for so long and know one knows the truth. Every fight gets worse. Im afraid of what he could do. I need advice please help