Possible Bicornuate Uterus

Candice

Last January 2019, I entered the ER because I was 7weeks and bleeding like I was menstruating. Long story short my baby had stopped growing at 4-5 weeks and only then my body began to miscarry. I was told by the ER doc that I had a bicornuate uterus and needed to follow up with my OB. A week later I saw my OB and she did a more in depth ultrasound. She told me then and there that I was fine. Normal is how she pit it and just as capable of a healthy pregnancy as any healthy woman my age.

Fast forward to my yearly exam this past Friday and my world stood still when I asked her about my concerns with trying again and she started the conversation with, "well you have a bicornuate uterus so it will probably take longer and you will most likely need a c-section." I was livid. She told me she consoled with the ER Doc and wasnt sure if he was wrong or she was wrong. Nice. So now we wait for my appointment for another ultrasound to determine if I in fact do have this condition. Meanwhile, I've done what research I can into the possible risks and its terrifying frankly. The other thing I worry about is weather or not this is a genetic problem. My education leads me to think it is, and so I worry if its possible my child would also have this abnormality. What would say to your 12 year old daughter if you knew there was a possibility that she may not be able to conceive without increased risk and multiple miscarriages? I wouldn't wish that kind of soul crushing pain on anyone. I want a child with my husband so badly but I'm not sure I can justify the physical risk to me or my baby or the risk to my mental health. To any of you who have pressed on and had healthy babies, you are incredible woman maybe made of something I'm not. I've been told my fears make me selfish. My miscarriage destroyed me. I can't imagine going further to loose yet another baby. I feel so hopeless 😔