Feeling like i have no culture

Beth

This is something I think about a lot lately because I tend to see a lot of videos of people showing their culture on tiktok. My family comes from Cuba and my siblings and cousins and I are all first born Americans. We have never really had “Cuban culture” other than eating Cuban food. I honestly don’t know anything about Cuban culture or if Cubans even have special traditions like other countries do. When I see videos of others cultures it makes me very sad because although I come from a place that should have a culture It feels like it doesn’t. All I really know of is Santaria which is basically like witchcraft so I don’t fuck with that. I also don’t think that’s also such a huge part of Cuban culture. Or if someone were to ask me “what’s a traditional Cuban tradition” I honestly can’t tell you. I’ve asked my family before and they can’t really tell me anything either. So in conclusion I feel like my home country has no culture or tradition, so when I see others I feel sad because I wish I had a beautiful culture to be proud of but I don’t. So I feel like I’m an American with no culture 100% of the time. Even looking it up, not even google can tell me anything about a Cuban tradition or about the culture.