Have a baby shower or not?

Slim • Mommy of 4 unassisted/freebirth warrior!

So I’m expecting baby number 4 (1st for boyfriend) March 1st, 2021 and his parents previously mentioned that they wanted to throw me a shower. Now, I had 1 shower ever for my first born and every child after that my ex husband and I bought what we needed on our own.

Well, My boyfriend’s parents decided to sell their house and buy an RV because they are retired, but it’s now being talked about my house being the place for the shower.

I was only ok with a shower because it was going to be at his parents house mainly because he has a large family and it’s his first child and their first grandchild. My mother is deceased, my dad lives out of the country and I only have a sister. I wanted to be able to leave when I was ready but having it at my house would require people in my house and me to have to deal until they decided to leave.

I honestly don’t need people to buy me anything as I can afford to purchase everything on my own. Also, I suggested a Virtual shower due to Covid (and it was a good excuse 😏) but I was met with a lot of push back.

What would you do?

Vote below to see results!