Husband back to work

Jenna

Had baby october 22nd! My husband spent the week home but he had to go back, a week just isn’t enough time! I wish the us had the same standards for paternity leave as the rest of the developed world. I just feel incredibly sad the birth and the week home went so quick. I feel like i cant give my toddler everything he needs emotionally while meeting the demands of my newborn. I overall feel okay but get waves of sadness and loneliness, being home alone is so hard especially with covid and everything going on its not so easy to just go out. I wish i didnt feel this way because im so happy to have my boys and and my new baby home i wanted this so bad! But i wish i could enjoy this time with my husband and have his help with my toddler while healing from birth. He works long hours and possibly why im feeling that dreadful feeling i have. Trying to be the best mom i can and focus my energy on my babies. Totally random but I almost feel like decorating for Christmas just to lighten the mood over here and bring some joy to my toddler. Unfortunately the baby needs the most attention and has no clue whats going on while my toddler can very much feel the difference and is testing every limit and its been hard to discipline him nothing works! But then hes his sweet self again and makes me feel guilty. Anyone else in this boat right now?