Pregnant and living with my mom is not going well

Becca

Ladies I need some advice...

I’m 21 years old and living with my mom. Not to mention I’m 30 weeks pregnant (baby daddy is no longer in the picture). Lately, I have been noticing an increase of tension in the household.

Let me tell you about my mom...she can be very judgmental but also loving. She is not afraid to speak her mind and she will guilt trip if needed. For example, we got into a small argument the other day and she called me a “bitch” for not letting her come with me to my next appointment. Covid has stopped visitors from coming in with the patients anyways.

When we were first talking about my pregnancy, she said “it’s my baby too”. Since then, she has been wanting to come with me to all of my appointments. She has even been pressuring me to let her be the one person join me in the delivery room.

I told her yesterday how I want to have my baby boy sleep with me for a while. I’m not sure why but, she argued it. She told me to have the baby sleep in the nursery from day 1. When I told her I didn’t want to do that, she got upset.

She kept comparing my pregnancy to her pregnancy when she had me. Telling me what she did and what her friends did when it came to sleeping with babies.

I’m worried we will bash heads more once the baby comes. I have friends who have told me horror stories about raising a baby while living with their mom/and or dad. I don’t want this to happen to me. I have a feeling we will bash heads when it comes to anything baby related. Any advice on how to deal with a mom telling you what’s best all the time, will be very much appreciate.