Advice

Kaylynn • happily married to my best friend ❤️

So today, the worst thing happened. I have 2 cats, and one of them was chasing the other. I had my baby on the ground on her playmat while we were doing tummy time and play time. I got up and turned my back for a split second to blow my nose and apparently one of my cats ran across my daughters face and cut her up pretty badly. I took her to the ER and thankfully its just scary looking, but it should heal up okay and nothing serious was damaged.

My question is, what would you do with your pet? They didn’t do it on purpose and they actually really love my baby. They always cuddle with are and are usually super protective of her. I mean, my daughter is 4 months old and nothing like this has EVER happened before. However, I don’t ever want their to be a “second” time and the only way I ca guarantee that is by rehoming them. Me and my husband are going to sit down and talk about it tonight, but I am genuinely at a loss. Any and all input is welcomed.

Edit: picture of my perfect baby so you can see the damage 🥺 So close to both of her eyes. I think I know what I need to do, but I am devastated. My pets are seriously family.