*update* Neighbor wants me to pay 5,000 for their Christmas lights. Should I press charges or let it go?

I posted my texts between my neighbor and how him and his wife wanted me to pay $5,000 for their 36 day Christmas light show. So Julie came over several times this week (I work from home) and she was telling me how I’m robbing them Electricity and because of my doorbell cam, I am getting a free show and can watch whenever. Told her no I’m not about to pay. You know the HGTV shows where before the big house makeover reveal is done, they have like huge pictures in front of the house? So she suggested that since I won’t pay I should at least put up those boards for the time being till the lights are taken down. She then pointed out how she already started reaching out to the HOA about getting approval for the boards. So I said ok, if approved you can pay for them. This really set her off. She expects me to pay for them. First off, the HOA would never approve. I damn near left her screaming and monologuing to herself outside my house.

She came back saying the HOA said I could cover my windows on the outside with sheets. Hmmmm

I left for lunch and called the HOA and they did not approve of sheets over my windows from the outside nor the board. By the time I got home she of course was waiting. She then claimed her lawyer will be notifying me and because she’s had a case with the Judge before, she automatically will win. And she’ll demand pain and suffering money from me

Couple hours later she comes back over this time demanding I let her into my house and give her access to my ring camera so she can make sure I’m not replaying their light show. She said something how because she has talk to the HOA and knows the judge, that she has a right to enter my home and has rights to my camera.

I left early morning and was gone for almost 18 hours on my day off to hang with family. I get a call from HOA saying they didn’t approve of the sheets and I’ll be fined. This bitch while I was gone put sheets on my windows. Told HOA it wasn’t me and they were going to send a cop to be on watch. Finally get home and my lights were half way taken off my trees and my ring camera had a piece of tape over it.

Texted her husband and he told me this could’ve been avoided if I just paid. I’m not going to pay for their lights because my house is right across from theirs. Told him I will get the cops involved if she doesn’t stop. He called me heartless

She came back over today and was telling me how I’m going to be sued and charged interest. Majority of her actions were caught in my security camera and I was told based off the evidence I have, I can have her arrested and press charges. Idk what to do

Vote below to see results!