Am I being over protective already or am I in the right?

I'm currently pregnant with twins that will be here in just a couple of weeks. The only people we are allowing to see them is close family and they have to wear a mask and wash their hands before touching them. That's where the first issue is with my family. I live in a part of the country where most people around here refuse to wear masks anywhere and think this is all just a hoax. My mother is saying I'm being way too protective and that studies have shown masks don't even work. She says I'm being way over protective for trying to enforce that once they get here.

The second issue I'm having has to do with my family smoking. They don't see a problem with smoking in a house with babies in it and they want to babysit the kids over at their house when I need to go back to work. They say I'm being selfish by saying they can watch them at our house but they have to smoke outside and wash their hands.

I just feel like they're not taking their grandchildren's health seriously and trying to make me out to be way over controling with my babies.