So frustrated with my husband

I just need to vent, that’s all. Yes my husband knows I’m irritated, but I don’t want to argue about it so I’m just going to write it all out on here to make myself feel better and get on with my day.

My husband does not do anything to help me. He does sometimes, but today is one of those days that he is not. He has his friends or brothers over at night, which I’m totally fine with and I have fun myself. But I told him that I wanted to go to bed early because we have a long day today. We have to bake and decorate Christmas cookies with our 19 month old. It’s so important to me to have Christmas traditions like that for him, it’s not so much for my husband. So I understate why he does not really care to help me out with it, and to be fair to him he is going to help us decorate.

Anyway, he was trying to get me to stay up later and later last night, I told him that I didn’t want to because I had to get up with our son the next morning. He said that he would get up with him. I wake up this morning to my son crying, my husband fell asleep downstairs in our basement so obviously he didn’t get up with him. I cut out and baked all of the cookies with our son while my husband was sleeping (until noon), then cleaned everything up while my husband was watching football. The only thing he did today was put a ham in the smoker for dinner. He watched me clean up our whole living room, make icing for the cookies, do the dishes, figure out how to get the piping things together to decorate, and he literally did not get up out of his chair to even offer to help. I’m so frustrated, I don’t understand how he can just sit there and not even ask if I need anything. I try to think that he works hard during the week, but I work part time too, about 25 hours depending on the week. It just seems like he expects me to do everything like a SAHM but still work.