Is it weird for me as an 18 year old to date a 22 year old?

Mckenzie

I matched with this guy on a dating app and he is 4 years older than me even though I set my age limit to 20. When I thought it scared me because that’s kinda old then I realized that we literally were in high school at the same time, I was a freshman and he was a senior. I personally don’t see any issues with it but I’m worried about what our friends and family will say if this works out.

He is incredibly funny and sweet, I find it so hot but I don’t have a ton of experience in relationships. All the guys I’ve dated were extremely immature and it was a complete turn off. I haven’t even had my first kiss.

I also feel the need to mention that he took two years off to serve as a missionary for his church. So that hindered him going to school but he is in school now and he’s a farmer.

Is the age gap too wide? Is this something I should pursue? I’m only worried about the criticism I will get because we mesh so well. I’m legally an adult so this is just purely ethical.

I don’t want to sound like all the other girls but I am extremely mature for my age, I’ve been through a lot of shit that has forced me to grow up pretty quickly.