He mad I keep bringing stuff in?

I’ve lived with him since were 18 and now 24. From 18-22 we moved every year.

Here’s some back story, as a kid I was abused and I didn’t feel safe or happy at home to I did everything I could to make my room my own world, my place of peace and quiet. A room where there’s lots of things in it that I like, a room that literal matches my personality. We have lived here for almost 3 years now and I’m like you know what, it’s starting to feel like home here and I’m going to make the bedroom a sanctuary.

The two things I have actually brought in, are a room divider, and a freakin rug. Otherwise I’ve just been decorating the walls with artwork and pictures of my family and people I love and apparently it’s driving him bat shit crazy.

But I’m not gonna do that though. I finally feel like this is my home, I deserve to be able to make it feel like the best place to be.. how am I supposed to live my whole life with very minimal furniture and no decorations on my walls..

is this as stupid as i think it is? Or maybe he just doesn’t like my decor but I don’t bother him about the massive goku merch collection because having that stuff makes him feel safe and at home. The entire living room is goku.

But I can’t put a pretty antique room divider in the bedroom or add a pretty rug. I am so confused. I haven’t complained about my living room being a man cave and goku museum, but oh no I can’t touch the bedroom lmfao,

I didn’t add that my mom is giving these items to me. I’m not spending money at all. My mom has been buying me stuff over the years and there’s things like the room divider that have been passed down for generations.

So no hes not mad about money at all, just mad. Cause stuff.

I get this feeling like he wants everything in the house to be what he wants. Like it makes him feel like he doesn’t have control whe I just start changing things, idk

I will leave him if he doesn’t get over this shit, I spent my whole childhood not feeling safe, and my bedroom was and had to be my safety and comfort and nobody is going to take that away from me as an adult. Like, I made a VOW to myself what happened to me in childhood will never happen to me as an adult. leave over the rug and room divider and pictures of my cousins baby on the wall. Ya freakin weirdo. I’ll be chillin here in my sanctuary

Update: I finished making my bedroom my sanctuary and for some reason I was exhausted. I have a huge fake fur coat and I put that on and laid in the floor. Woke up hours later in my floor still in this giant coat and he was kissing me saying sorry for being an ass earlier.