High Risk

Hey mommas just got a quick question for ya. Up until 3 weeks ago I was seeing a different OBGYN and had to change practices because mine was shutting down New Years <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a> due to the owner of the private practice relocating. So I’m 36 weeks now and a little over 300 lbs (I’ve always been in the mid to high 200’s but the only weight I’ve gained this pregnancy has been all for baby so only 10-14 pounds. The new OB office has three doctors so today’s appointment I met another one and they told me I’m technically considered a “high risk” pregnancy because I have a high BMI...I’m fat I get it thanks 🙃 anyways they want me to come in twice a week for non stress tests and a ultrasound every week so that’s like 3 appointments a week for the next four weeks to monitor fluid levels and check on babies weight and growth because of this. My OB at my old office was always saying how perfect baby was doing and im right on track and never had any worries about anything and that I was healthy and doing great and now I got this new doctor telling me I need all this extra work done and testing and I’m feeling very confused and it’s kinda shot down my self esteem.

So I guess I’m just wondering if anyone else had been through a “high risk” classification for high BMI and what that meant for you and what I need to know that you have helpful advise with. Thanks!