Done with this

I was weak and should have just said no. I let my family talk me into hosting Christmas and ended up with f*cking Covid after going the entire year be safe and healthy. They told me they were all fine and had been tested (for their jobs) they always wore masks in public and only went out when necessary. How they hadn’t seen each other in months some for over a year. An my home was the only one large enough. Then my mom got sick, got tested and and her doctor said it was just a cold. Then i got sick, felt like crap symptoms identical to mom. Come to find out 2 days after Christmas my aunts work place HAD 81 confirmed cases she neglected to mention when she arrived. Seriously?! I was lucky symptoms weren’t too bad, my husband can’t smell or taste, my young nieces were miserable, my sister ended up also getting pneumonia. I was lulled into a false sense of security because everyone was so careful the entire year, forgoing birthdays and holidays. 2 weeks isolation with sick kids, 2 weeks no work, 2 weeks worrying if thing will be ok hoping everyone doesn’t get worse. All because I couldn’t say no to my family. I didn’t even want to do Christmas, I worked my ass off cooking and cleaning, ran myself ragged to make everyone happy. This is what i get for being stupid and too weak to stand up and say no. I won’t make this mistake again.