confused??

last year, i was best friends with a guy named adam who was in a broken relationship with a girl named ella.

adam and i were very close and i had feelings for him but i didn’t say anything because he had a girlfriend.

but he started telling me about problems they’ve had in december of 2019 until february 2020. he had just moved to the country when they started dating so his friends were her clique and he was always scared to break up with her out of fear that he wouldn’t have anyone (but me) here. he also lived with distant relatives so he didn’t really have family.

she had been treating him like a friend, never picking up calls, cuddling with her other guy friends while they were out. she was also never there for him, i was always there. it was to the point where on new years instead of calling her at 12am, he called me.

when i was in a toxic relationship he was always yelling at the guy to back off. he was even a president of a club in high school and when he’d get angry he would get mad at her or other people and when he’d come up to me he’d just calm down and smile at me.

he then told me they broke up in march and confessed that he’s had feelings for me, we started talking. then i find out a month later that he lied. but all of my friends already knew that adam and i were talking and it was bound to get to ella. adam wouldn’t tell her so i had to. she decided to blame me, despite him lying to me.

but even after all of this i cant stop missing him. like even in his bad moments where he was angry where he was crying on the phone where he was stressed or all of the bad i missed him.

every guy i started talking to i would compare to him and if they treated me like he did (before everything)

and before anyone says this was manipulation, i know that in march of 2020 it was but before then we were both in relationships (he knows i would never cheat, we had also been best friends for around 2 years) and he was treating me like i was his girlfriend. he was this guy that put up a front at school, nothing bothered him. but he’d cry on the phone w me.

i miss him a lot, and i don’t know if i was in love with him or i just miss the company but i’ve never missed anyone like this.

and i know he hurt me which is why i won’t go back but it’s been a year and hes still on my mind.

what do i do?